Packing List - What to take with you on your French Pyrenees ski holiday




All passengers must have a valid standard 10-year passport. British passport application forms are available from Post Offices and you should allow up to 12 weeks for issue or renewal. Visas are not required for travel to France. If you do not have valid documents you will not be able to travel.

You should take with you a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which replaces the E111 form. This is available free of charge from most United Kingdom post offices or you can apply online at The EHIC will cover part of the cost of emergency health care at State hospitals in France during your visit. However, an EHIC does not cover all medical fees.

You need to ensure you have travel insurance before you leave for your holiday, these documents should be taken with you when you go.

If you're taking medication with you, ensure you also take the prescription and a GP's letter with you when you travel and make sure that it is stored in your hand luggage.

Apartments are fully equipped for basic holiday needs but we recommend that you take some basics with you such as tea towels, salt & pepper, coffee, tea and toilet roll. You will be able to buy all these things in resort but the local supermarkets are more expensive than those in the valley so it’s a good idea to stop on the way.



Ski & Snowboard Equipment List



  • 1 heavy-weight fleece or wool sweater
  • 1 light/medium-weight, synthetic long underwear shirt
  • 1 down or synthetic fill jacket with hood (waterproof, breathable), must fit comfortably over your sweater


  • Waterproof / breathable lined trousers


  • Wool or poly socks (medium/heavy thickness)
  • Walking boots (waterproof) to be able to walk in snow

Hand wear

  • Wool or fleece mittens
  • Ski over-mitts or gloves

Head gear

  • 1 wool or fleece hat
  • 1 good pair of sunglasses


Other things to consider before you travel


Ski and snowboard hire can be booked through us, this means you will not have to take the heavy equipment with you. Please see our Ski Hire page for more information.

Ensure that cars are road legal and that they have the following: GB sticker, warning triangles, bulb kits, headlamp beam deflectors and snow chains. All of which are legally required when travelling to Europe. Also ensure that you take your full driving license with you, your insurance certificate and registration documents and your logbook.

Ensure that you take enough money with you. Remember all the apartments have a (refundable) deposit that has to be paid at the beginning of the holiday so please make sure you have enough money to cover this. There are also many toll roads in France, some of the tolls can cost more than €30 so ensure you have enough Euros to cover these charges (although some credit cards such as MasterCard and Visa are accepted as payment for the tolls).



If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist reservations team on 0844 576 0176 or email




Sign up for our newsletter & latest offers


Join our Newsletter

Please complete your details below


First name:


Your e-mail address:

Confirm e-mail address: